[GRASS5] projection transform results...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Dec 22 10:03:55 EST 2000

Hi all,

for a small project I needed to projection transform
different maps into a UTM location.

The results are not yet fully satisfying, I am clueless
about the reasons:

Input data:
 - GLOBE DEM 1km in lat/long, WGS84 ellips.
 - GSHHS full resolution data in lat/long
 - boundaries digitized from a map (lat/long, international ell.) in
   ARC/INFO by students here

The resulting UTM/international/eur50 datum location looks like this:
 - GLOBE DEM 1km and GSHHS match rather good
 - boundaries are shifted (why? - I didn't supervised their work)

Sample:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/users/neteler/proj_shifts.gif

Any hints are welcome!

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology