[GRASS5] mkfifo start for cygwin

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Wed Dec 20 08:11:19 EST 2000

Markus,  (Cc to grass)

I went through some of the older Cygwin messages and
found an email note from  someone was thinking of using
Cygwin on his NT box for development.  He states that
there was no reply from anyone and he has subsequently
moved to Linux.  Included below is his reply to me with
a URL to his source code.   I sent this earlier to Mike and
Andreas but realized (with Malcom's email) that we all
would be interested in this information.

I downloaded the code from http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/namedpipes
and it compiled cleanly.  There is a mkfifo.cc file used by two
standalone executables.

John Huddleston