[GRASS5] [GRASS-bugs] Bugreport GRASS 5

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Dec 20 05:03:31 EST 2000

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 01:00:57PM +0100, mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> On Debian, XFree3.x read XF86Config and XFree4.x reads XF86Config-4, so I'm
> not sure this is a distribution problem. Isn't just a question of what version
> of XFree you use ?

Hi Moritz,

the Suse7 with Xfree4.0.1 reads /etc/X11/XF86Config,
the Suse6 with Xfree3.6.6 reads /etc/XF86Config

So it *is* dependent on the distro (welcome to the standardized
world of UNIX).

Markus

PS: I'll add a note onto the FAQ.

> > On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 04:38:43PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > > Hi Markus

> > > If you hadn't noticed, the person who reported this bug is one of my
> > > colleagues.
> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > yes, I have seen that.
> > > We found that the problem was that Red Hat does not use the
> > > XF86Config file but one named XF86Config-4 instead. Once we put the
> > > backingstore fix in the other file, the problem was fixed. Perhaps your
> > > system is similar?
> > Aha! Please describe the Redhat version, that I can add such a note
> > on the FAQ page.
> >
> > However, I have:
> > xdpyinfo  |grep -i back
> > Do it is activated. But still this is causing problems on KDE2 (KDE1 as
> > well).
> >
> > SuSe reads the /etc/X11/XF86Config.
> >
> > Yours
> >
> >  Markus

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984