[GRASS5] bugreport r.drain (?)

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Dec 18 11:34:34 EST 2000

Hi again,

while looking again at r.drain source code it seems that
my drain problems are a feature, not a bug.

This algorithm drains into *all* neighbors where the elevation
is lower than the central cell, but without weightage. So
it seems to be an algorithm between D8 and FD8. I'll add
a note on this behaviour onto the html page.

Sorry for this confusion,

 Markus

PS: I am still searching for a method to drain a simple raindrop
through an elevation model following the "valleys", but following one
path only (D8). I need it for educational purposes only. Any ideas?
I tried r.cost (which *is* working) without full success for my purposes.