[GRASS5] GRASS5 CVS on Red Hat 7.0

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Dec 15 04:56:52 EST 2000

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 12:56:27AM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> some good news: I just recompiled the CVS version on a brand new RH 7.0
> installation without any major problems.
Welcome :-)

> One weird thing is that i have no static tcl/tk libraries around, only
> some stub lib. So configure does not recognize, but nviz compiles and
> works. Tcltkgrass too. See attached text.
Currently configure searches for shared tcl/tk libraries only. Maybe
Eric will add search for .a libs as well (as required on some machines).

> The mesa setup worked without any manual installation/recompiling. There
> is even a rpm for the SGI Widgets, that have been missing/not compiled
> by default with mesa.
>
> But r3.showdspf does not work. It displays only some coloured stripes. I
> have no time to investigate this, but it could be a problem that i have
> installed Mesa, some IRIS GL compatibility lib, OpenMotif, LessTiff, the
> SGI Widgets and some other OpenGL stuff, which could interfere.
Currently I am working with 3D stuff. I'll try r3.showdspf again.
For those being interested: A sample 3D dataset is available.
See the sample data page for it.

> cu,
>
> Andreas
[...]