[GRASS5] numerous bug reports on d.mon/XDRIVER

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Dec 15 04:37:52 EST 2000

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 12:30:15AM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Markus, all,
>
> to reproduce the bugs or to get an idea about it, following things are
> needed:
>
> operating system (Linux etc., Version!)
> X11 Server/Version running (X11R5, X11R6, MetroX, some special server
> for accelerated cards etc.)
> grass version (beta10/CVS), binary/compiled.
> and which version of glibc was used to compile?
>
> Sorry that i have no real idea, but i am puzzled that it works on some
> linux distributions and on some not.

Hi Andreas, hi all,

this all indicates that we should improve the bug.report.sh
script (maybe add in tcltkgrass as well) and encourage the
users to use it. The script should find out most of the
configuration/hardware itself and either store to a file
or directly mail to grass-bugs list.

Users should "enjoy" to use the script, then we'll receive
useful reports.

My 0.02 Euro

 Markus