[GRASS5] GRASS5 CVS on Red Hat 7.0

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Dec 14 18:56:27 EST 2000

Hi all,

some good news: I just recompiled the CVS version on a brand new RH 7.0
installation without any major problems.

One weird thing is that i have no static tcl/tk libraries around, only
some stub lib. So configure does not recognize, but nviz compiles and
works. Tcltkgrass too. See attached text.

The mesa setup worked without any manual installation/recompiling. There
is even a rpm for the SGI Widgets, that have been missing/not compiled
by default with mesa.

But r3.showdspf does not work. It displays only some coloured stripes. I
have no time to investigate this, but it could be a problem that i have
installed Mesa, some IRIS GL compatibility lib, OpenMotif, LessTiff, the
SGI Widgets and some other OpenGL stuff, which could interfere.

cu,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net