[GRASS5] compiling beta10 on IRIX and CYGWIN/WIN32

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Dec 12 10:18:06 EST 2000

Hi Markus,

thank you very much for inspecting the errors despite the partly
confusing text.

Markus Neteler wrote:
> > when converting the man pages:
> > many error messages with awf formatter:
> > . DE not available (or such)
> Hi Michel?

I fear that this is a problem of the IRIX awf formatter. I'll have a
look at the man pages another time.

> > g.manual from tcltkgrass:
> > Illegal option -- P
> > Usage: man ...
> > g.manual entries=d.area -f:
> > Usage:
> >  g.manual .....
> As g.manual is a script now, the *order* of parameters will be
> important. Two possible solutions:

Hmm. It was my impression that the IRIX man has no -P option what caused
the above error.

> 1. change g.manual to accept the flags at *any* place (hi Huidae!)
> 2. change tcltkgrass/main/gui.tcl to add flags in correct place
>
> > this is all messed up, rman: please do not ask the user to install
> > something from within Usage info. This will confuse "ordinary" users.
> >

> > wrong order of libs: $(MATHLIB) in
> > src.garden/answers/src.answers/display/d.lingraph/cmd/Gmakefile
> fixed.
>
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/Gmakefile
> Fixed.

Thank you for fixing this.

> > CYGWIN:
> > grass5
> > /usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: not found
> > does not start with and without any commandline flag (-text, -tcltk etc.)
> > COMPLETELY BROKEN NOW!
> Hi Justin! :-) Seems to be a problem in src/general/init/Gmakefile.
>
> > GENERAL:
> >
> > g.help:
> > PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN: doesn't work on every terminal.
> > E. g. on IRIX it is broken.
> > This needs to take the termcap into account. It is not possible
> > to hardcode the keycodes into the program.
> Volunteers? I have no idea about termcap, sorry.

> > t.roads.inf from spearfish database is broken/wrong format.
> > no cat support (informix db?)
> Maybe we remove this from spearfish? It will be informix related.

Yes i would propose to remove it sometimes. But nothing with priority.

> > tests that i performed:
> > for f in `g.mlist type=rast` ; do
> >   d.erase white
> >   echo "plotting $f"
> >   d.rast $f
> >   sleep 2
> > done
> > and with d.vect, d.area, d.site etc.
> Sorry, can't follow. You tested all display modules by that?

I did only a visual test of all spearfish raster/vector files this way.
I hope to get my expect/dejagnu setup up again before christmas.

cu,

Andreas
Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net