[GRASS5] Buggy Tcltk GUI

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Mon Dec 11 23:08:29 EST 2000

Hi guys,

I have finally started testing the beta 10 build here in Mac OS X land, and the GUI is really buggy.  I am suspecting the reason is because I am now using Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 versus using Tcl/TK 8.0.5 with beta build 8.  Or it is some new bug(s).

The GUI was at least usable after I renamed wish8.3 to wish and renamed tclsh8.3 to tclsh.  It looks like maybe there is a problem with the environment solution?  However After successfully starting a monitor, I tried to display a raster, and it said that no monitors are selected, please select with d.mon.   Using both the GUI menus and d.mon to select, it gave an error that it was already in use by root.

Note too that when I logged in as not root (jeshua), after starting a display, none of the menus could be used, and the menus would disappear if covered by anything and would not redraw. This behavior also happened as root before I renamed wish8.3 to wish and renamed tclsh8.3 to tclsh...

I guess I am going to delete Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 and install 8.0.5 and recompile to see if that helps.  Any suggestions/things o try before I do?

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner
http://SierraMaps.com