[GRASS5] Buggy Tcltk GUI 2

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Tue Dec 12 03:38:22 EST 2000

Greetings,

After I deleted tcltk 8.3.2, reinstalled tcltk 8.0.5, adjusted the header and recompiled the XDRIVER, the TclTk GUI is still buggy (see my last post).

The GUI seems to work until I start a monitor a which point the GUI stops working and does not redraw.

After I kill the monitor with X windows Twm, I get the message (because I killed it - no brainer here);

Error: xterm: fatal IO error
32 (Broken pipe) or
KillClent on X server "0:0"

Then the menu bar redraws and starts working again.

If I start a monitor with d.mon versus going to the menu Config->Monitors->Start->x0 it does not have this effect.

Hmmm, looks like maybe its time for me to reinstall my system and everything **again**; unless someone can *save* me.  I guess if nothing else, I will try and recompile all of GRASS again first...

TIA,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner
http://SierraMaps.com