[GRASS5] compiling beta10 on IRIX and CYGWIN/WIN32

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Dec 11 05:57:05 EST 2000

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 02:10:20AM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hi Markus, hi others,
>
> sorry for the confusing message.
> The problem is with the two Gmakefiles mentioned later in the text.
> Only these two Gmakefiles cause problems because of missing $(MATHLIB)
> _or_ $(MATHLIB) _before_ $(GISLIB), which makes the IRIX linker fail.
> So the order should be:
> $(LIBES) $(WHATEVER) $(GISLIB) $(MATHLIB) $(XDRLIB)
Hi Andreas, hi others,

what about a general rule like this:

LIBES=$(all GRASS GIS libes go here)

$(CC) ... $(LIBES) $(non GRASS libs) $(MATHLIB) $(XDRLIB)

Is this a rule we could add to SUBMITTING?

> I just was a little bit frustrated because both programs compiled with
> beta8. So everyone should remember not to delete/reorder the LIBES. Then
> the Gmakefiles should be 100% correct.
This must have been a mistake as (at least me) most should be aware of this
problem.

> The $(XDRLIB) may be useless on linux, but is needed for win32.
>
> I am too overworked right now to look into the Cygwin problem with the
> Init.sh. This should be fixed, as the windows port will not work on
> commandline :-(. No graphics is bad, but setting the GRASS environment
> by hand is nearly impossible.
Tomorrow Justin is back, maybe he has an idea!

Markus

>-----------------------
> > PS: I'll look into problems mentioned below:
> >

> > > wrong order of libs: $(MATHLIB) in
> > > src.garden/answers/src.answers/display/d.lingraph/cmd/Gmakefile
> > >
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/Gmakefile
>
> --
> Andreas Lange, 65187 Wiesbaden, Germany, Tel. +49 611 807850
> Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net

Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984