[GRASS5] Re: LZW removal

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Dec 11 05:15:34 EST 2000

Hi developers,

please assist Eric to test the new "flate" compression!
I am using it at home without problems. Certainly you
should make a backup of your data.

How to "upgrade":

- Uncompress all data in "old GRASS 5":
  r.uncompress -u rastermap

- compile GRASS with flate method
  cd src/libes/gis/
  edit get_row.c put_row.c
  comment in both files: "#define USE_LZW_COMPRESSION"

- run make install to affect the lib and all modules

- Try it: You can compress the uncompressed data then with
  r.uncompress rastermap

We want to activate flate compression as default on
Dec. 17th, so a few days to report eventual errors are left.

Thanks

 Markus