[GRASS5] Proposal: import modules/export modules

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Dec 9 13:22:32 EST 2000

Hi all,

a proposal concering the import/export modules:
I suggest to change all modules to read/write to
the current directory instead of $LOCATION/xxxx

v.in./out.arc: $LOCATION/arc
v.in./out.dxf: $LOCATION/dxf
etc.

This is very inconvenient (and doesn't make much sense to me).
"Modern" tools like v.in.shape, m.in.e00 etc. already
read from working directory. Let's change to import/export
modules to this behaviour!

Aehm - volunteers? I'll try to assist :-)

 Markus