[GRASS5] compiling beta10 on IRIX and CYGWIN/WIN32

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sat Dec 9 07:07:58 EST 2000

Hi 2 all,

i want to report some problems i found with GRASS5.0beta10 (not the CVS
version!) on IRIX 6.5 and CYGWIN.

I am tired of fixing the same problems again and again. So i want to ask
everyone to remember:
The Gmakefile lib order _must_ always be:
$(LIBS) $(XDRLIB) $(MATHLIB)
Otherwise on IRIX it won't compile. If you are linking to the gis lib,
you must always include $(MATHLIB), as gis references floor, ceil, etc.
from the math lib. If you are not sure, add $(XDRLIB) $(MAHTLIB), it
won't hurt.

I had to heavily edit the header file for CYGWIN, there are still a lot
of problems with include and lib search paths etc.
And the command line/text mode interface is not working any more.

Please see the attached file for the problems in detail.

I have currently no time to work on the fixes myself. I will concentrate
on the XDRIVER/fifo/ipc stuff.

Andreas
Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net