[GRASS5] v.support and large datasets (gshhs from GMT)

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Dec 9 12:56:15 EST 2000

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 08:25:59PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hallo Markus,
>
> koenntest Du vielleicht das Skript/Programm posten, mit dem Du die Daten
> konvertierst?
> Ich wuerde mir gerne den D'ld von 58 MB sparen, die GSHHS habe ich hier
> auf CDROM.
Sure: I have put the sources of Simon Cox' convert program here:

ftp://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/outgoing/
gshhstograss.tar.gz

It's the program from Simon with a few additions (includes added) to
make it compile.
It reads the gshhs binary data files and outputs ASCII vectors.
Probably we should make a nice GRASS module from gshhstograss (r.in.gshhs)?

For details please refer to
ftp://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/pub/wessel/gshhs/README

Cheers

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology