[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Dec 6 11:18:45 EST 2000

Hi Eric,

I can imagine that you are somewhat tired of this configure
problems...

I think I know the problem:
 - the current "configure" runs o.k. (after moving the prefix expansion
   upwards)
 - the autoconf rules don't accept your GISBASE part properly as
   it must come *below* the prefix expansion. But in any case
   the expansion cames later. So it must obvisously coded in a different
   way.

If you run "autoconf", check configure:
 - Add VERSION and GISBASE is at line 4292 ff.
 - the prefix expansion is at line 4351
   (test "x$prefix" = xNONE && prefix=$ac_default_prefix)
 - if you reverse the order, it runs well. However, autoconf
   doesn't allow it as all the stuff below line 4295 is generated
   automatically.
I have no clue to fix that in configure.in. Perhaps the
VERSION, NAME_VER and GISBASE expansion is just not possible.

At time we have a working configure in CVS and a broken configure.in.
This is the last change to be done for beta9.

I propose to revert to old method and leave it for 5.0stable.

Regards

 Markus