[GRASS5] New configure

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Dec 6 11:18:03 EST 2000

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 12:49:30AM +0900, GRASS wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> We can not determine full path to install GRASS with new configure.
> ${prefix}/grass5 is the default, however how can i change this to
> /usr/local/grass or etc? :-(

You can't at the moment.  The GISBASE is kinda hardcoded to this in
configure (you could probably hack the configure script directly if you
wanted, search for NAME_VER and you'll find the spot to change).

> And another problem:
> I could set ${prefix}=/usr/local/grass and ${bindir}=/usr/local/grass/bin
> with old configure.
> However, i have no clue about ${prefix}/????? with new configure, just trial
> and error? I could not know ${prefix}/grass5 was used until first trial.
> At the second time configuring, I could set ${bindir}=/usr/local/grass5/bin.

This is related.  --bindir= should work still to set some other path for
the start-up script.

> I think old configure would be better for flexible and easy setting.

Just regards these recent changes, or overall?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>