[GRASS5] closing monitors by click

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Dec 6 07:13:23 EST 2000

Hi Markus,

thanks for testing. This supports my idea that this all is a problem
with different semantics of the signal function on Linux and
"commercial" Unix like Solaris, IRIX etc.

The changes that Eric made are though IMHO better, as sigaction is the
newer POSIX standard.

But i have currently no time to work on this. I can't start something i
will not be able to finish in the next time. I just checked in yesterday
night the typecasts that allow to compile on the CRAY.

I would propose just to fix the new problem with the lib. Leave it
working in this state.

What has to be done later:
- remove the remaining comment-in-comment errors,
- rework the code (there are unused fragments)
- merge the fifo and ipc thing together
- maybe re-merge the XDRIVER/lib and lib ?
- clean up
- implement the compiler switch for ipc/fifo and the according actions
(makefifos)

And the CELL driver is broken.

I want to ask everyone that wants to work on this to coordinate with me,
so that we avoid doing things twice and get conflicts on CVS merge. I
already started the fifo/ipc merge.

Good luck for the release!

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Dear XDRIVER lovers,
>
> [btw: the XDRIVER code compiles stable now!]
>
> concerning the close monitor by click problem:
>
> I tried the current driver on Solaris, and
> I *can* close it by click without problems! :-)
>
> So only on Linux this close procedure fails.
>
> As Andreas suggested: Maybe some _SYS_V_ (or similar)
> statements would do? I am not familiar with code
> internals though.
>
> Just a report :-)
>
> Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net