[GRASS5] PNG errors

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Dec 6 06:55:37 EST 2000

Hi Eric, Hi Jeshua,

please note that some binary distributions of the netpbm tools (e. g.
for cygwin) do _not_ contain the header files and the library. And i was
not able to compile the latest source from sourceforge on cygwin.

The r.in.png and r.out.png now do not rely on the library, only on the
header files. I send a tarball of the header files to Markus to place it
on the hannover server for user convinience.
Markus, could you upload this?

It would be also possible to include the headers in the src/include dir,
but this could break other things depending on the version installed
there.

I agree that the netpbm tools are very useful.

HTH,

Andreas

Eric G . Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 06:02:22PM -0800, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> > Me again,
> >
> > I have installed the PNG and ZLIB libraries, however both r.in.png and
> > r.out.png modules still fail to compile.  The report that the "header
> > file 'pnm.h' not found".
>
> Find an install the netpbm library (and possibly utilities).  You may
> find some of the utilities useful anyway for various pbm/ppm/pgm image
> maninpulations.  This is also a problem under cygwin.
>
> --
> Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net