[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Dec 5 13:07:51 EST 2000

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 05:58:14PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 05:51:08PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 05:40:51PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > Hi Eric,
> > >
> > > a report on configure... If *not* runnung autoconf, the
> > > GISBASE             = @GISBASE@
> > >
> > > is not expanded in head file (tested on Solaris without autoconf).
> > >
> > > If running autoconf, it is o.k. (tested on Linux). It seems,
> > > some code needs to be added to configure. Will you look for
> > > that? I have added the "sed" line for GISBASE already to
> > > get an empty variable in head file.
> > >
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I have added the missing code now in "configure" (taken from an
> > autoconf/configure run). Please check if o.k.
> >
> Sorry to write again.
>
> On Solaris I get:
> creating Makefile
> sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
> creating src/CMD/head/head
> sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
> creating src/scripts/shells/create_fifos.sh
> sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
> creating src/include/config.h
>
> On Linux it expands o.k. (with updated src/CMD/head/head.in).
>
> I have no clue for that! Might be the dot forbidden in
> s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
>              ^-?
> on Solaris/sed?
>
> If so we should remove the VERSION from configure.

One more from Solaris:

The NAME_VER doesn't work on SUN either:
It is expanded to:
NAME_VER            = -n 5

On linux no problem.

I propose to keep the old method to get VERSION and NAME_VER in Makefile.in
for the beta9 release (simple revert in Makefile.in and removeal of sed
expansion on configure[.in]). We have some more time for the stable version
to get the new approach working.

Markus