[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Dec 5 12:58:14 EST 2000

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 05:51:08PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 05:40:51PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > a report on configure... If *not* runnung autoconf, the
> > GISBASE             = @GISBASE@
> >
> > is not expanded in head file (tested on Solaris without autoconf).
> >
> > If running autoconf, it is o.k. (tested on Linux). It seems,
> > some code needs to be added to configure. Will you look for
> > that? I have added the "sed" line for GISBASE already to
> > get an empty variable in head file.
> >
> Hi again,
>
> I have added the missing code now in "configure" (taken from an
> autoconf/configure run). Please check if o.k.

Sorry to write again.

On Solaris I get:
creating Makefile
sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
creating src/CMD/head/head
sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
creating src/scripts/shells/create_fifos.sh
sed: command garbled: s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
creating src/include/config.h

On Linux it expands o.k. (with updated src/CMD/head/head.in).

I have no clue for that! Might be the dot forbidden in
s%@VERSION@%5.0beta9%g
             ^-?
on Solaris/sed?

If so we should remove the VERSION from configure.

Markus