Fwd: Re: [GRASS5] New MacOS X compilation errors

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Sat Dec 2 16:46:25 EST 2000

On Saturday, December 2, 2000, at 10:09 AM, Andreas Lange wrote:

> I have already send an instruction on how to deal with the errors below.
> Please remove the files you edited by hand _before_ updating your local
> CVS copy. Otherwise you'll get the conflicts, that have to be resolved
> manually, what is not what you want to do.
>
> To repeat: remove the file connect.c, do a cvs update -dP and recompile
> then with gmake5 or with make install from the top directory (like in
> the instruction from Markus).
>
> Please send the header file (src/CMD/head/head.powerpc-apple-darwin1.2)
> to the list, so that we can check if the X11 libraries are included.
>
> It is always complicated to do this sort of remote-diagnosis, i am not
> familiar with BSD and Darwin/Mac OS X and i don't know which level of
> expertise to expect from you. So please ask if you do not understand
> something.

Thanks Andreas and Eric!

After deleting and updating connect.c, it compiles just fine. I still get the error:

__XErrorFunction
__XIOErrorFunction
__Xdebug

Here's by header file:

CC                  = cc
FC                  =
LEX                 = flex
YACC                = yacc
ARCH                = powerpc-apple-darwin1.2
MAKE                = make
prefix              = /usr/local/grass5
exec_prefix         = /usr/local

GISBASE             = /usr/local/grass5
UNIX_BIN            = ${exec_prefix}/bin

DEFAULT_DATABASE    =
DEFAULT_LOCATION    =

COMPILE_FLAGS       = -g -O2
LDFLAGS             =

DLLIB               =
XCFLAGS             =  -I/usr/X11R6/include
# XXX - replace SYSV in code with configure results in config.h
# XXX - need SYSV defined for hpux10
XLDFLAGS            =
XINCPATH            =
XMINCPATH           =
XLIBPATH            =  -L/usr/X11R6/lib
XTLIBPATH           =
XMLIBPATH           =
XLIB                =  -lSM -lICE -lX11
XTLIB               = -lXt
XMLIB               = -lXm
XEXTRALIBS          =

COMPATLIB           =
TERMLIB             =
CURSES              =  $(TERMLIB) $(COMPATLIB)
MATHLIB             =
XDRLIB              =
ZLIB                = -lz

#PostgreSQL:
PQINCPATH           =
PQLIBPATH           =  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib
PQLIB               =

#ODBC:
ODBCINC             =

#Image formats:
PNGINC              = -I/usr/X11R6/include/ -I/usr/include/gr -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
PNGLIB              = -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib

#JPEGINCPATH         = -I/usr/X11R6/include/ -I/usr/include/gr -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
#JPEGLIBPATH         = -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib
JPEGINCPATH         =
JPEGLIBPATH         =
JPEGLIB             =

TIFFINCPATH         = -I/usr/local/include
TIFFLIBPATH         = -L/usr/local/lib

#openGL files for NVIZ/r3.showdspf
OPENGLINC           =  -I/usr/local/include/GL -I/usr/X11R6/include/GL
OPENGLwINC          =
OPENGLLIB           =  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/X11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL
OPENGLULIB          =
LGLWM               =

#tcl/tk stuff
TCLINCDIR           = -I/usr/local/include
TKINCDIR            = -I/usr/local/include
TCLTKLIBPATH        = -L/usr/local/lib
TCLTKLIBS           =

LIBRULE             = ar ruv $@ $?; ranlib $@
USE_TERMIO          =

# Uncomment below to input Korean(Asian?) characters in v.digit or etc.
#DASIAN_CHARS        = -DASIAN_CHARS

# It's hard to click two buttons simultaneously with two button mouse.
# Situation is worse, if it requires continuous clicking.
# In this case uncomment below.
#DANOTHER_BUTTON     = -DANOTHER_BUTTON

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner