[GRASS5] -fwritable-strings

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Jul 26 11:32:18 EDT 2000

Hello Markus

On Jul 26,  9:53am, Markus Neteler wrote:
> from a SuSe developer I got this recommentation (perhaps he
> did not think about).
>
> I am not shure. The old ps.map did not work without
> -fwritable-strings.
>
> Further suggestions are required...

How about writing a script to be run after is64bit.sh that will check if the
machine is Linux (the ${SYSTEM} variable in Makefile.in maybe) and then add
-fwritable-strings to the compile lines of the Gmakefiles of ps.map? At least
it would be a quick fix until someone can fix the problem in ps.map. Just a
suggestion.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th