[GRASS5] SegFault in Vect_New_line_struct()

spijker at geo.uu.nl spijker at geo.uu.nl
Tue Jul 25 08:21:04 EDT 2000

Hello all,

When I try to read a soil usage map, with m.in.e00, in e00 format (size
+/-15Mb) the only result is a nice core dump. It's hard to read the soil
usage from that ;-)

The Segfault occurs after updating 5600 lines in dig_att. When calling
Vect_new_line_struct() and Vect__new_line_struct() it bombs immediatly
at the malloc routine in Vect__new_line_struct(). I tried to test the
malloc return value (void*) but that was of no use, it seems that it
segfaults before returning anything. I'd like to solve this, and read my
map, but I don't have any idea where to look. Does anyone have tips?

The system is a Pentium processor and 128Mb mem (256 swap) running SuSE
6.2

Regards
	Job Spijker

Job Spijker
Faculty of Geographical Sciences, Utrecht University
P.O. Box 80115, 3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)30-253 2758 / +31 (0)30-253 2749 F: +31 (0)30-253 1145
e-mail: spijker at geog.uu.nl, spijker at geo.uu.nl ICQ:70495898