[GRASS5] GRASS 5 beta 8 to be published this week

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jul 25 06:55:31 EDT 2000

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 08:58:17AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> G'day Markus,
>
> Can you give an announcement on Wednesday so I know which part of
> Wednesday you mean?  I get to Wednesday before most of you, being
> in Australia.  ;-)

Hi James, hi all,

sorry for being not clear:
I think of Wednesday, 26 August. Preferrably German daytime as we
are in the middle of Australia and U.S. :-)

> I've a CVS copy on DEC/Alpha for Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 beta, which
> I can run a compile against.  I can also compile on Compaq Tru64 UNIX
> 4.0E on another Alpha.  Do you need both or just one?
Well probably both. I am not shure if I (and the mirrors) have enough
space to store two ALPHA versions. What do you recommend?

> How do I package the binaries for returning to the web server?
> (There may be a Makefile target, I have not looked yet)
I am just adding:
  make srcdist

(I can make the src package)
and
  make bindist

Perhaps someone can try this bindist target if o.k.

Coming soon...

 Markus