[GRASS5] datum support in GRASS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 13 16:43:50 EDT 2000

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Andreas Lange wrote:

> I have a new question now:
> If i only ask for a map datum, i must know which map datum the following
> systems use:
> # projection	ellipsoid
> ALSK		clark66
> GS48		clark66
> GS50		clark66
> LABRD		international
> NZMG		international
> SOMERC		bessel
> OBTRAN		??
>
> For these projections the ellipsoid is hard-coded into g.setproj, which
> i must change. I think that there are many fixed combinations of
> projection and map datum. So if someone provides me with a table or a
> resource on this, i can implement this into a new g.setproj.

Andreas,

  Cliff Mugnier of the University of New Orleans probably has all of this
information. He responds to such questions posted on gps-l (and gis-l,
etc.). Let me see if I have his e-mail address ...

 (He disappears for a couple of minutes)

  Yes, I do! --> Cliff Mugnier - University of New Orleans
<cmugnier at uno.edu>

  Rather than me being in the middle here, I suggest that you forward this
message directly to him with a request for help. Cliff also writes a monthly
column for the Amer. Soc. Photogram. & Remote Sensing journal (to which I no
longer subscribe). He's Dr. Datum.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com