[GRASS5] java GRASS???

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 12 16:15:18 EDT 2000

Hi Wayne,

here an interesting forward concerning GRASS and JAVA:

----------------------------------
To: Markus Neteler <neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de>
Subject: RE: Foundation of German GRASS User Group / 15.April 2000 - Hannover
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:52:19 -0000

Thanks. On another matter I sent this posting to the list but I haven't seen
it circulated so I'll just tell you now.

I would like to get some feedback on a project that we are working on at my
Institute. We have a java servlet front end to GRASS 4.3 and a RDBMS (Solid
2.3) which allows us the
provide a simple application oriented interface to the geographic
information system.

The url is http://196.3.4.220:8000/jdb/icens.sivs?class=gis

the username is "guest" and password "icens".

Our university network is currently being restructured from routers to
switches so until they get it right the speed might be slow between 10:00 am
and 5:00pm est. Any other time the speed should be acceptable.

Do you know of other servlet interface project for GRASS or other groups
working on something similar?

Any feedback (including the bad ones...) will be welcome.

John Preston
International Centre for Environmental and Nuclear Sciences
University of the West Indies
Mona, Kingston 7, JAMAICA
jpreston at uwimona.edu.jm

P.S. The site is currently in beta so if some (or all of the) commands seem
broken, forgive me!!.

Another approach is already in
 src.garden/grass.java/

related to this pages: