[GRASS5] LClint

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 30 12:04:13 EDT 2000

  It has been many, many years since I used an early version of lint on my
DOS C code, and I completely forgot about it as a debugging tool. I just
read about LClint in the April issue of Linux Journal, and it looks like
it's worth learning.

  Perhaps everyone here already knows about this, but I thought I'd mention
it just in case. It works on the source code and can be used to analyze code
written by someone else, too. Given the complexity of GRASS modules, it'll
be in my toolbox now!

  <http://lclint.cs.virginia.edu/> is the home page. It has the source code
plus binaries for FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris and Win32. RPMfind has Red Hat
packages, too.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com