[GRASS5] Poll to remove XGRASS from source

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon May 29 11:06:26 EDT 2000

Hi Bernhard, hi developers,

thank you very much for your hints, you are of course completly right.

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> on sun, may 28, 2000 at 02:17:25pm +0200, andreas lange wrote:
>
> > it will be sufficent if the xgrass code is stored in a tarball (outside
> > the cvs!). no separate repsitory needed.
>
> i agree, but it will stay in the repository anyway. at least in the old
> branches (and then in the attic directories as john will certainly explain
> us.  ;-) )

If i re-think this the tarball is not needed. You always can check-out
the grass5.0beta7 tagged version, which includes the xgrass source. And
the grass4.3 source contains xgrass too.

> > the motif code is open source now,
>
> mofif if _not_ open source.

You are right too. I read only a headline on a news-ticker. But it does
not matter anyway, because i believe Motif is almost dead, at least if
new projects are concerned. They released the Motif code with the faint
hope that they can push development of new linux applications, which
will not happen with QT/GTK/lesstif/wxWindows around.

> I am not sure if motif is more complicated as, let's say MFC >8-)

cu

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net