[GRASS5] NVIZ color bug in lat/long locations

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon May 22 17:03:46 EDT 2000

Dear developers,

currently I face the problem that I cannot visualize
3D DEM in lat/long locations properly. The surface
stays almost black.

If using other coordinate systems (like our famous Gauss-Krueger)
I have no problems.

In case you have time, get a GLOBE DEM (high quality world
DEM in 1km res.):
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/seg/ff/nph-demo.pl

You can use r.in.globedem to import (added recently to CVS).

I have no idea where to search for this color bug.
Suggestions are welcome (as usual). :-)

 Markus