[GRASS5] r.to.sites crash and bugfix suggestion

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat May 20 17:01:05 EDT 2000

Dear developers,

several people reported that r.to.sites crashes
when r.timstamp was not applied to the map.
In case
WARNING: Illegal TimeStamp string

The module core dumps.

I suggest this patch (at least it does not break my
r.to.sites):

src/libes/gis/sites.c

diff -r1.3 sites.c
697c697,699
<        else if (G_scan_timestamp (head->time, head->stime) < 0)
---
>        else
>        if (G_scan_timestamp (head->time, head->stime) < 0)
>        {
698a701,702
>            return -1; /* added to prevent crash 5/2000 MN*/
>        }

Only Linux users with Pentium CPU reported it. I did not
apply the patch to CVS as I hope for your comments.

Best wishes

 Markus