[GRASS5] coorcnv library

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri May 19 05:34:13 EDT 2000

Hi Andreas,

my 0.03 Euro:

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 06:12:59PM +0200, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hi!
>
> what is the status of the coorcnv lib?
No idea. But it might be useful for the datum stuff.

> I found that the file datum.c (with functions for datum conversion) is
> not compiled, i could not find any documentation on the CC_ functions.
> grep'ing through the sources revealed some calls to the CC_ functions
> (e. g. from some of the i. modules).
This is strange, isn't it?

> What happend to m.datum.shift? It is not included in beta6/7 any more.
I added it yesterday to CVS. It was missing, you are right. I
took it from GRASS 4.x. I can send it to you or your
grab it from the CVS.

> Are the other modules (m.ll2u, etc) tested?
Not by me... Anyone else?

> Background is that i tried to interface my handheld GPS receiver to
> GRASS, but i need datum shift functions. The proj library only contains
> projection/inverse projection but no datum conversion.
> The JEEPS library has support for this, but it would be much simpler to
> use a GRASS library.
Personally I would be glad if GRASS  supports datum conversion once/soon.
Did anyone start here?

Best wishes

 Markus