[GRASS5] [moored@reed.edu: Re: Bugreport GRASS 5]

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sat May 6 03:45:40 EDT 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 05:05:55PM +0200, Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG wrote:
> > Markus Neteler wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear developers,
> > >
> > > one bug fixed, but a new one occured...
> > > Find attached a problem with MESA and
> > > r3.showdspf.openGL
> > >
> > > Comments are welcome. Siede note: I could
> > > compile r3.showdspf.openGL without problems,
> > > but attached problem was reported by Eric Mitchell,
> > > too.
> > >
> > > Kind regards
> > >
> > >  Markus
> > >
> > >   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Subject: Re: Bugreport GRASS 5
> > > Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 20:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
> > > From: moored <moored at reed.edu>
> > > To: Markus Neteler <neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de>
> > > CC: dustin.moore at reed.edu
> > [...]
> > > nit_graphics.c:570: undefined reference to `GLwCreateMDrawingArea'
> > > /home/grass/src/grass/src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/new_i
> > > nit_graphics.c:629: undefined reference to `GLwCreateMDrawingArea'
> >
> > I got the same message, and didn't find yet a solution.  I think that the
> > problem is in Mesa-3.2/widgets-mesa : there is some file in the include
> > and src lib that call "GLwCreateMDrawingArea.c", etc...
> >
> > But when you run the makefile, the libMesaGLw.a created only contains :
> >
> > GLwDrawingArea.o
> > MesaDrawingArea.o
> > MesaWorkstation.o
> > GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent.o
> > GLwDrawingAreaSwapBuffers.o
> > GLwMakeCurrent.o
> >
> > Maybe there is something to change in the makefile to include all functions,
> > add the library and run ldconfig before attempting to compile g3d
> > for Grass.  I will try this tonight.

Hi,

this is as usual complicated:
The original sgi-widget set (in widgets-sgi of the mesa distr.), which
is copyrighted by SGI, is replaced with the beta widgets-mesa distr,
which seems not to be compiled by default. The README (of mesa 3.1)
says: "... Provide a GLwDrawingArea widget which is 100%ly compatible
with SGI's widget. Applications should port over with (almost) no
changes to the source... ... Status: The widgets work, but are in
differing stages of completion...". That does not sound very
encouraging.

I tried compiling r3.showdspf.openGL, but the Gmakefile (from GRASS 5.0
beta7) is for Solaris with Motif (includes /usr/dt/share!) and TODO-file
says: "Still need to convert to use OpenGL". Another document states:
..modifications made by Ken Sakai ...

I could'nt compile the mesa-widgets, because libMesaGLU is missing on my
system (i have libGLU). There seems to be an inconsistent way of naming
the libraries in mesa?

I will re-try this with mesa 3.2 in the next days and report again.

cu

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net