[GRASS5] [moored@reed.edu: Re: Bugreport GRASS 5]

Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG mw at engees.u-strasbg.fr
Thu May 4 11:05:55 EDT 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> one bug fixed, but a new one occured...
> Find attached a problem with MESA and
> r3.showdspf.openGL
>
> Comments are welcome. Siede note: I could
> compile r3.showdspf.openGL without problems,
> but attached problem was reported by Eric Mitchell,
> too.
>
> Kind regards
>
>  Markus
>
>   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: Re: Bugreport GRASS 5
> Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 20:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From: moored <moored at reed.edu>
> To: Markus Neteler <neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de>
> CC: dustin.moore at reed.edu
[...]
> nit_graphics.c:570: undefined reference to `GLwCreateMDrawingArea'
> /home/grass/src/grass/src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/new_i
> nit_graphics.c:629: undefined reference to `GLwCreateMDrawingArea'

I got the same message, and didn't find yet a solution.  I think that the
problem is in Mesa-3.2/widgets-mesa : there is some file in the include
and src lib that call "GLwCreateMDrawingArea.c", etc...

But when you run the makefile, the libMesaGLw.a created only contains :

GLwDrawingArea.o
MesaDrawingArea.o
MesaWorkstation.o
GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent.o
GLwDrawingAreaSwapBuffers.o
GLwMakeCurrent.o

Maybe there is something to change in the makefile to include all functions,
add the library and run ldconfig before attempting to compile g3d
for Grass.  I will try this tonight.

Markus, what version of Mesa do you have ? what version of Grass ?
(the latest, I presume :-) where is your libGLw.a file and where does
it come from ?

--
Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - CEREG
                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex