[GRASS5] please help with gmake

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 30 06:02:24 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 02:51:27PM -0800, Matt Hillebrand wrote:
> I'm trying to use gmake4.3 for the first time, and it gives me the
> following error:
>
> gcc: /grass/grass4.3src/libes/LIB.linux/libgis.a: No such file or
> directory
>
> Of course there is no "LIB.linux" directory. Is gmake supposed to create
> this before using it? And what about libgis.a?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Matthew P. Hillebrand,

the developers of GRASS 5 are not supporting the GRASS 4.3 any more.
I highly recommend you wait a few days to get GRASS 5 beta9.

If you definitly want to use GRASS 4.3 (why?), please contact
grass at baylor.edu. They are supporting the 4.3 development.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler