[GRASS5] New initialization code

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Nov 30 04:03:18 EST 2000

Hi Robert

Robert Lagacé wrote:
> We need to know that, on all SVR4 systems such as HP-UX 10 and 11, all
> non OS software should be installed under /opt/.  So, Grass would be
> in /opt/grass/bin/ and appropriate directories under /opt/grass/.
> System admin is simplified because everything is under one directory.
>
> I will test the new configure under HP-UX when I will have time (in
> two weeks).

Hmm. Another "standard" local program install directory. Arrrgh. Well,
the only thing I can think of is that we use some way in configure.in to
detect HP-UX. What is the output of "uname -s" for HP's? If we can't get
it installed in /opt by default, then you will have to use the --prefix
and --bindir options for configure.

By the way, what is the bin directory that appears in user's PATH's,
/opt/bin/?

Thanks in advance for the test!!

PS Cheers to a fellow Canadian! :)

--