[GRASS5] Configure Broken in CVS (was: MATHLIB not found link error)

Michel Wurtz mw at teledetection.fr
Wed Nov 29 06:58:20 EST 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 06:54:13AM -0500, Tim Cera wrote:
> > With the CVS checkout on Tuesday night, './configure', 'make install',
> > received an error for just about every link.  "Cannot find @MATHLIB@
> > .." or something to that effect.  The command line shows @MATHLIB@
> > instead of "-lm", or whatever my distribution needs.  Suse 6.4.  Sorry
> > that I don't have time to track down solution.

I have the save reaction on a Debian 2.2 Linux
You should also have USE_OPENGL=@USE_OPENGL@
in the main Makefile...

> this was reported for several platforms. It would be a help
> if you could copy-paste this part of configure messages:
>
> checking for xdrmem_create in -lsun... (cached) no
> checking for xdrmem_create in -lnsl... (cached) yes
> checking for xdrmem_create in -lc... (cached) yes
> checking for deflate in -lz... (cached) yes
> checking for atan in -lc... (cached) no
> checking for atan in -lm... (cached) yes

These lines don't even appear in the output of configure !
In fact configure is broken.  I removed configure and
ran autoconf (using configure.in from distrib).
Now everything just works OK !

--
Michel WURTZ - DIG - Maison de la télédétection
               500, rue J.F. Breton