[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Nov 28 05:56:17 EST 2000

Hi Eric

"Eric G . Miller" wrote:
> What I gleaned from the AutoConf docs I have, is that $top_srcdir
> should be used to reference the TOP src directory.  Apparently it's
> not being expanded, so I'll look into a way to make it be forcably
> expanded.

I played around a bit with SRCDIR and $top_srcdir and it appears that
$top_srcdir for some reason is not being preset to anything since the
test for it fails. However, the good news is that I found a solution for
setting SRCDIR for my machine. Instead of using

SRCDIR=$(pwd)

I used the following:

SRCDIR=`pwd`

This will properly define the SRCDIR variable (an expanded path) in my
Makefile. However, the question is whether this works on other
platforms. I think it should since it is basic shell syntax. What do you
think?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th