[GRASS5] New initialization code

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Nov 28 06:24:20 EST 2000

Hi Justin, Hi all,

Justin Hickey wrote:

> The new script will use tcltkgrass by default and bring up a window to
> ask for the Location and Mapset. If wish is not found on the system, it
> will default to the old text interface. Also flags can be passed to
> grass5 to indicate which interface you want.

This will IMHO render the cygwin "port" almost useless, as there is no
tcltkgrass until now. There is a wish (could not test this right now),
but it does not work with the tcltkgrass code. I tried to start
tcltkgrass within the cygwin grass shell, but i got only an error window
from wish stating that something is wrong. I remember that all
x11-specific calls will not work with the windows wish, as the geometry
things are implemented differently.

But as the cygwin port is not really usable right now, this may not
matter.

cu,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net