[GRASS5] Removing LZW

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Tue Nov 28 04:33:47 EST 2000

>Well nobody seems interested, so I've uploaded versions of get_row.c and
>put_row.c that *can* use the new G_zlib_*() compression routines in
>flate.c.  By default, they still use the G_lzw_*() compression routines.

Eric,

I for one am interested, however I am at lost at what I can do to help.

I think it would be a shame to remove the LZW compression.

Is there anyway that I may help?  Shall I contact the patent holders?
It seems that they should make an exception for open-source software,
after all they did create a _STANDARD_.

Best,
--
Jeshua Lacock