[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Nov 28 04:15:39 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 03:46:15PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Would looking at a configure.in from another project be any use? It
> seems that a lot of projects have /usr/local/bin as the default bindir.
> What is the preset value? You may have already thought of this, it's
> just an idea.

Well, the problem really seems to be with the way configure handles
$bindir.  It is always set to something (at least here).  Also, my
autoconf choked on the AC_BINDIR_DEFAULT() macro (claiming no such thing
exists).  $bindir is always apparently set to ${exec_prefix}/bin, and
${exec_prefix} is always set to ${prefix} (these are defaults).  So I
can't figure out how to have the --bindir command work, but use the
/usr/local/bin as a default.  Piece of cake if I ignore --bindir and go
back to using --with-bindir (as it was set-up before).

As far as the headers and libraries, does it work with the
--with-tcltk-includes=[DIRs] --with-tcltk-libs=[DIRS] ?

Sorry I'm not better at this configure stuff.  I'm a lousy shell
programmer to begin with ;)

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>