[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:1187] notation standardisation

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Nov 26 18:32:35 EST 2000

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 09:00:40PM +0100, Morten Hulden wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, seppo kaitala wrote:
>
> > Would it be good if the notation would be same for the same kind of
> > consepts.
> >
> > For instance in commands
> >
> > v.proj map=name [out=name] inloc=name [dbase=name] [set=name]
> >
> > r.proj input=name location=name [output=name] [mapset=name][dbase=name]
> > [method=name] [res=value]
>
> The case r.proj/v.proj should be easy to fix, but which one is
> preferrable? Also, s.proj's syntax is similar to r.proj's. But I think I
> at least would prefer v.proj's shorter. Others?

Well, I thought we agreed a while back to use input/output whenever it
was appropriate. IMHO, a "map" is a complete printed or digital thing,
with scales, north arrows, grid marks, legends, etc... I think "inloc"
should be "location" as well (it's only 3 more characters).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>