[GRASS5] some bugs

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sun Nov 26 12:00:45 EST 2000

Hi Huidae,

thanks a lot for your answer.

GRASS wrote:
> > - with d.pan and d.zoom the color of vectors is always restored white.
> > If you draw a map with a e. g. green vector and zoom/pan, the vector is
> > re-drawn, but always white instead of the initial green.
> > There must be something wrong with the R_pad contents, as d.save puts
> > out the correct color with the vector before calling d.zoom/d.pan, but
> > afterwards the color is white even in the pad structure, so that d.save
> > puts out "d.vect vect=vect at PERMANENT color=white".
> >

> That's not bug. It is intended behaviour.
> If you want to recreate current window using d.zoom, use -r flag.

OK, the -r flag is not shown in the tcltkgrass module and in the
html-manpage. So i overlooked that.
But i still think that it is a bug (or at least an inconsitency) that
the window is redrawn with d.zoom/d.pan, but the color of the vector is
changed to white. I think that d.zoom/d.pan should either always redraw
the correct screen or don't redraw anything at all without the -r flag.
In that case the user can first use d.save, then d.zoom/d.pan and then
redraw the screen without waiting for the "wrong" redraw of
d.zoom/d.pan.

Just how i would like it.

> d.pan is not implemented to recreate window, -r flag.

It would be nice if d.zoom and d.pan behave identically, otherwise it is
confusing.

cu,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net