[GRASS5] Re: bug in configure routine

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sat Nov 25 15:23:41 EST 2000

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 06:45:21PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 09:01:58PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> > Hi,
> > just some comments on comments:

> > depends on perl in /usr/bin/perl.
> > Compiles on Cygwin after creating a link from /usr/local/bin/perl to
> > /usr/bin/perl.
> > IRIX: if perl is installed, create the link. I remember perl is perl4 on
> > older IRIX systems, perhaps will not work with newer scripts.
>
> Perhaps an issue for "configure.in": find the PERL location?!

Possibly, but the perl script would have to be generated with an "in"
file, with first line like:

#! $(PERL)

Let me know if this is something we want to do.  With all of perl's magic
though, there could be problems with unintended variable expansion.
Maybe better just to have a separate little function generate the magic
line (does that magic work under Windows?).

> [useful comments removed]
> > Still needs the netpbm-headers, which are _not_ included in the binary
> > distributions for Windows and IRIX. Had this problem too, copied over
> > the headers from my linux machine.
> > Markus, i'll send you a tarball of the header files. Please check if
> > there are licensing issues when putting this on the server.
> O.k.

Debian has the netpbm separated in free and non-free.  Anyway, I think
just the pnm.h header is no problem.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>