[GRASS5] Please bugfix... Release of GRASS 5 beta9

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Nov 25 05:28:12 EST 2000

Hi all,

good news: The number of release critical bugs is reduced!
What's left:
[RC]CELL-Driver:
[RC]d.his:
[RC]d.sites.qual:
[RC]nviz2.2:
[RC]r.binfer
[RC]r.contour:
[RC]r.in.png:
[RC]r.in.ppm
[RC]r.los:
[RC]r.mapcalc
[RC]r.neighbors
[RC]r.poly
[RC]r.watershed:
[RC]s.surf.krig
[RC]v.out.shape:
[RC]v.trim

several of them are already in work (please report a status, update
the BUGS for this).

So, we should release GRASS 5 beta9 asap. There are two things I would
like to have being integrated into beta9:
 - graphical startup: This is ready, "only" needs to be merged into
   Init.sh (Justin has been done much work here!)
 - configure.in: beside TCLTKLIBS it is running o.k. (credits to Eric!)
 - anything else?
A bunch of missing HTML pages has been written by Lisa and uploaded
last week (hi Michel, perhaps you could check HTML syntax here).

I hope we manage to get out the beta9 during the forthcoming week.
A few days left for above wishes...

Thanks for your time,

 Markus