[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Nov 24 00:32:28 EST 2000

Okay,

I think I've implemented all of the checks in the hacked configure
script in configure.in.  So, now I need others to test it and give me
problem reports.  I haven't added anything, like searching for libjpeg,
yet.  I want to get the input script at least to where the hacked
configure script is before I start adding things.  Probably there will
be search paths for things that I didn't think of.  Anyway, make a
backup of the configure script and delete your config.cache before
running autoconf.  Also, note that there doesn't seem to be a good way
to have the --bindir default to /usr/local/bin.  The macro
AC_DEFAULT_BINDIR() was not recognized by my autoconf and the variable
$bindir is always set to something (defaulting to ${exec_prefix}/bin,
where $exec_prefix defaults to ${prefix} which is set to
/usr/local/grass5 by default.  Confused?). So, if you want
/usr/local/bin for $bindir, you need to specify it.  Also, see
./configure --help for some of the options (they need testing too).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>