[GRASS5] Win32 compile with cygnus ...

Mike Thomas mthomas at gil.com.au
Thu Nov 23 15:37:40 EST 2000

Hi guys.

I found the problem.  I swapped the Cygwin sh.exe (by default they use
ash.exe) to bash.exe and the problem went away.

Unfortunately the entire OS crashes not long after starting now!

I'm using Win 98 with 64M of RAM and a spare gig of disk to build.

Are you using NT4, NT2000 or W98?  My experience is that Cygwin is usually
more stable under NT.

> But i can not confirm this a cygwin bug.
> With my cygwin setup (last updated one week ago) ./configure, make, make
> install and gmake5 work.

I've been updating regularly over that period and got the same problem all
the time.

> So you could try the following: update cygwin, do a make distclean and
> ./configure && make && make install again. And/or do a cvs update -dP
> before starting the new build.

I have been using a completely fresh cvs copy each time.

Cheers

Mike Thomas