[GRASS5] GRASS module descriptions (3)

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 23 14:29:23 EST 2000

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 09:14:10AM -0800, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 09:56:02AM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > unchanged:
> >  r.out.bil/r.out.bil2: shall we keep this? Probably update the new
> >  r.out.bin?
>
> Does the new r.in.bin handle bil files (Band interleaved by line)?
> There could be multiple image band in these types of files.  Does gdal
> support them?  As long as something does...

Yes, the new r.in.bin does:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/html/r.in.bin.html
"r.in.bin can be used to import numerous binary arrays including: etopo30,
 etopo-5, Globe DEM, BIL, and GMT binary arrays (ID 1 & 2)"

Multiple image band BIL is supported by i.tape.other only (so a pain
if you just want to import a file from harddrive).

The new r.out.bin says:
 " r.out.bin exports a GRASS raster to a binary array
 -b
    Generate seperate BIL world and header description files"

Sounds like BIL export (single file).

Markus