[GRASS5] color VIOLET, listcolors

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Nov 21 11:57:29 EST 2000

Hi,

in src/include/colors.h and some other places in the code the color
#define VIOLET 7 is used.
This was used with the show.color.sh script until i removed violet from
there because it is not included in the list of available colors
(defined in src/include/colors.h).
The X window driver has still a definition for violet and removes this
color from the list of available display colors (so that if you draw a
vector polygon over a raster it is always visible).

Is there any reason for not using violet?

I'd like to check in a module 'g.listcolors' or 'd.listcolors' that
returns a separated list of available colors for use in scripts.
Although i hesitate to add just another module, i think that there must
be a method to get the list of colors as hard-coding this into scripts
or tcltkgrass is bad practice.

Please tell me if there are objections and if the module should be named
g.listcolors or d.listcolors.

cu,

Andreas
Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net