[GRASS5] Release GRASS5.0stable_pre1 ?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Nov 20 05:42:45 EST 2000

Hi Justin,

does it make sense to have an own target to build the
script? Maybe I could change that, if you agree.

Markus

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 04:53:38PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hello Jeshua
>
> Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> > Will I have to recompile beta 8?
>
> Not necessarily. You can trick the Makefile into making the
> grass5install.sh script without compiling the source (I think). Try the
> following:
>
> In your Makefile, go to the bindist target and comment out all lines for
> that target except the one that starts with
>
> ${SHELL} -c "sed -e \"s/BIN_DIST_VERSION/...........
>
> It is the really long line for the bindist target. Save the file and
> then do a "make bindist" which should produce the grass5install.sh file.
> Don't forget to un-comment the lines again once you have the
> grass5install.sh file.
>
> Let me know if you have any problems.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
> High Performance Computing Center
> National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
> Bangkok, Thailand

Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984